ACCOMMODATION - 2022Link to conference map
Organised accommodation will be exclusive use of the Holme House Residential Centre and Campsite (normally a Girl Guide facility) at the nearby hamlet of Esk Valley, 1km walk from Grosmont along a footpath at the side of the heritage railway.
We intend to provide camping for £8 per night and bunks for £13 per night. Breakfasts will be available on-site via pre-booking for £7.
We hope most people will be able to stay here and make the short commute to the lecture venue on foot, rather than attempting to drive/park in Grosmont itself which can be extremely busy on weekends due to steam buffs and costs £5 per day.
Unfortunately, we are NOT able to allow camper vans / caravans at the Holme House site, they may be able to stay in a Car Park in Grosmont, which is likely to incur the £5 per day fee, but this location would have no hook-ups or drains.
Facilities at Holme House include:
- Large dormitory sleeping 24 in bunk beds
- Lounge area with seating and tables
- Toilets and four shower cubicles
- Additional Toilets and Shower upstairs for Bunkroom only
- Tea and Coffee making facilities
- Not provided – sleeping bags, pillows, towels, toilet rolls and cleaning materials
- NOTE : Kitchen facilities will be required exclusively for caterers at breakfast and hence be unavailable to delegates
Camping facilities include:
- Enclosed campsite adjacent to house
- Use of downstairs Bunk House facilities such as lounge, toilets, and showers
- Barn available with fridge-freezer, drying rails, tables and chairs
- Additional single outside toilet with wash hand basin
- Open fires allowed but no turfing
- No trailer tents, campers, caravans or dogs allowed
For those who don’t enjoy the camping experience, are unable to make a 1km walk, or would simply prefer to go elsewhere, we recommend you start to make your own arrangement very soon. "Staycations" look set to be popular again in 2022 and the Grosmont area is a tourist hotspot.
The surrounding villages offer some B&B / AirBNB / holiday rentals, however Whitby is the only sizeable town nearby, with numerous B&Bs, hotels and caravan parks, this is approximately 20 minutes drive or train ride away.
The information listed is a guide only, it is not intended to be comprehensive and does not necessarily imply any recommendation. Check websites such as TripAdvisor to gauge public opinion.
There are several hotels in and around Grosmont
- Grosmont House, Grosmont - https://grosmonthouse.co.uk
- Grosmont B&B, Grosmont - https://grosmontbedandbreakfast.co.uk
- Wheatsheaf Inn, Egton - http://www.wheatsheafegton.com
- Postgate Inn, Egton Bridge - http://postgateinn.com
- Witching Post Inn, Egton - http://www.thewitchingpostinn.co.uk
- Mallyan Spout, Goathland - https://mallyanspout.co.uk
- Plough, Sleights - https://www.ploughsleights.co.uk
- Horseshoe Hotel, Egton Bridge - https://www.thehorseshoehotel.co.uk
- Inn on the Moor, Goathland - https://theinnonthemoorhotel.co.uk
- The Board, Lealholm - http://www.theboardinn.com
- Arncliffe Arms, Glaisdale - https://www.arncliffepubglaisdale.co.uk
- Ladycross, Egton - https://ladycrossplantation.co.uk
- Woodside Camping, Aislaby
- Brow House, Goathland