Image: NAMHO logo


Registered charity No. 297301    

Pages marked with * require logging in

Picture of Nenthead - Brewery Shaft


back to members' introduction   |  previous entry  |  next entry  | view extra information

    Moseley Heritage Museum
Contact for visits: Colin & Diana Saxton Year established:
Address: Tumblydown Farm, Tolgus Mount, Redruth, Cornwall TR15 3TA
Email: colinsaxton494 [at]   
Website: Show on museum map
Facebook: Not supplied  
Area of interest: Industrial narrow gauge, tramway and toy museum
Main geographical areas:
Opening times: MOSELEY MUSEUM is open to the public on selected days and on an appointment basis throughout the year. All visitors are most welcome. Individual and group visits can be accommodated.
Current admission details: The Museum does not CHARGE for visits. However voluntary donations towards restoration and to assist with running costs are accepted with thanks.
How to get there: From Exeter follow the A30 signs to Redruth. Take the second exit off the dual carriageway past Chiverton Cross roundabout, signed Redruth. Bear right onto the Redruth by-pass following the signs for Camborne. At the end use the large roundabout to turn back onto the by-pass. Take the third exit left opposite the Tesco filling station and signed Tricky Dickies. Follow this lane over the A30 passing Tricky Dickies. Tumblydown Farm is about 200 yards further on your right.
Additional information: At Moseley Museum a series of walk through galleries depict various scenes underground and on the surface as would have been found in smaller British coal mines, including an 1805 pit bottom, a chain haulage tramway, a stables, a lamp room and pit cages. All exhibits in this section of the museum are static and some have yet to be completed. Completion date is summer 2009.


Above: General view of the narrow gauge siteLeft: Mining exhibits

Last updated: 20/07/2022

Back to members' introduction  |  Previous entry  |  Next entry